Course Description: This class teaches all students, not just accounting majors, an excellent understanding of how a business works and the “language” of business. Students learn the basic accounting cycle for a service business organized as a proprietorship and a merchandising business organized as a corporation.
Weighted Categories for this class will be as follows:
- 60% Assessment (projects, tests, quizzes, presentations, assignments)
- 35% Practice, Collaboration, & Participation ( assignments/homework, in-class work, partner/group work)
- 5% Participation (soft skills, daily work, attendance)
TEXTBOOK & REFERENCE
College Accounting, 22nd edition, Chapters 1-15
CengageNOWv2 Chapters 1-15 Requires student registration/enrollment
Heintz & Parry, Cengage Learning
(Physical & Online Access)
CengageNOWv2 Online Working Papers
Book presentation files are available to access from Google Classroom
When saving files in class always remember two things:
1. Give the file a good name
2. Tell the computer where to save the file
Good note taking is a skill you will use throughout high school and college. Look at the examples on the Course Docs.
The writing frame can be used to create well composed written works. It gives you a structure that can be applied to school papers or standardized tests. Look at the example under the Course Docs.
Projects & Resources
Please find the link for CIS Student Survey