- Students will be able to use composition to take photos with leading lines
Yet another composition technique, leading lines can be used to draw your viewer into the photo. Leading lines naturally draw your eyes into a photo, and this is especially powerful when the lines lead to the image's main subject. Move your feet to make lines point at your main subject. Rember to consider past lessons, like the rule of thirds or different angles.
We'll look at the links below to learn how to master this technique:
- How to Use Leading Lines for Better Compositions
- Leading Lines vs Paths
- Types of Leading Lines
- Be careful with horizontal lines
- Leading Lines Examples
The Challenge - Leading Lines 15 Pts
- Take at least 20 new/original leading lines pictures (shot both on school grounds and away from school)
- Transfer the pictures to your computer or Google Drive
- Choose your best three photos to edit and turn in
- Use and turn in the Shooting Assignment Rubric to self evaluate your photos
- When you are finished, meet with me to discuss your project and get feedback
- Add one of your best shots to this collaborative page. Comment on one other person's picture.