- Students will understand what plagiarism is and why it should be avoided.
- Students will be able to recognize different types of plagiarism.
When we research, it is important to combine our own thoughts and ideas with the information we find. Plagiarism happens when we take words, thoughts, or ideas from others without giving them credit and pretending they're our own.
Students tend to think that copying and pasting is automatically plagiarism, when that is not always the case. In class we'll talk about the difference.
- Plagiarism Overview Video by Common Craft
- Types of Plagiarism Video
- Intentional vs Unintentional
- Consequence of Plagiarism
In class we will watch and discuss the above videos. We will also talk about how easy it is for teachers to identify plagiarism (Turnitin). We'll focus on the ones highlighted above.
Hall of Fame: