Digital Photography 2
Course Description: This course is designed to prepare students who are interested in a becoming a serious amateur photographer or pursuing a photography career. Students will learn about advanced photography concepts like Aperture, Shutter Speed, ISO, and their relationship to one another. Students will use GIMP and other multimedia software to enhance their images and design creative projects.
When saving files in class always remember two things:
1. Give the file a good name
2. Tell the computer where to save the file
Make sure to keep your files organized. I recommend making a folder for each project and saving you files there.
Good note taking is a skill you will use throughout high school and college. Look at the examples on the Course Docs.
The writing frame can be used to create well composed written works. It gives you a structure that can be applied to school papers or standardized tests. Look at the example under the Course Docs.
PICTURE TAKING/SHOOTING ASSIGNMENTS
- Picture taking/shooting assignments need to be in by the end of the day they are due
- Transfer pictures to your computer and place them in a folder for the project
- Create a new page on your Weebly site for the assignment/project
- Edit, watermark, and upload a minimum of 20 new or original quality pictures you took for the assignment as a gallery - Showcase and critique your best photo; include your critique on the page
- Send me the link to your page
- Critique a classmates photo
Weighted Caterories for this class will be as follows:
- 70% Assessment (projects, tests, quizzes, presentations, assignments)
- 30% Practice, Collaboration, & Participation ( assignments/homework, in-class work, partner/group work, soft skills, daily work, attendance)
- Standard Shooting Assignment
.. 5 pts for watermarks/editing
.. 5 pts for self-critique/reflect
.. 15 pts for final edit, showcase & quality
.. 10 pts quantity of pics
- Weekly Inspiration Shooting Assignment
.. 2 pts watermark
.. 3 pts credit to photographer
.. 5 pts critiques
.. 10 pts quality of your image and use (technique) of their image
Projects & Resources